Thursday, March 7, 2013

Another Case

I cased another card yesterday and really liked the way it turned out, though it wasn't exactly what I had in mind when I started.  I saw it on Pinterest and fell in love with it.  Here it is:


Pinned Image



I needed a masculine birthday card and I wanted to try a technique I think I read about in a post from I'm in Haven blog of using clear embossing as a mask to make this card.  I even found the inks I wanted to use that would go with the scraps of cardstock I wanted to use for the stamp shaped background for the little squares.  I liked the colors and general layout but I wanted to also use the sentiment "Time to celebrate."  I found my clock vellum diecuts I have had for many years and a gear stamp I have also had for many years and knew that was what I wanted to do.  One other thing that influenced my design were some long envelopes I had purchased, yep, you guessed it, many years ago, and had not yet found a card to use them for.  I thought this design would work perfectly.

So much for my plans.  Here's my card:



As you can see I didn't do the masking.  It turns out I had to use a special size card shape to fit the envelope.  I couldn't just take 2/3's of the cardstock and fold it in half.  It was too narrow for the envelope and would slide around.  After figuring out the correct size I then had to figure out how to print the words I wanted on the card ... oh for a stamp that had the words on it.  It would have made things so much easier!  By the time I got to stamping the gear image I was so frustrated I used the ink I had planned to use over the mask instead of the embossing medium and embossing powder so decided to just leave it the way it was.  I am pleased with the result even if it isn't exactly what I wanted.

Well, that's it.  Hope you enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment