Thursday, May 16, 2013

Watercolor sunflower

I think I mentioned before that I started drawing and painting a few years ago.  One of the first watercolors I made was a gift for some friends of mine, a sunflower.



 
 
 
 
She likes sunflowers and he is a beekeeper (I can't remember the technical name for that).  I painted the sunflower from a clip art photo of a sunflower that I really liked.  I loved the way the focus was on the single flower with only the sky in the background.  I then added the bee to the center.  It's a little difficult to see because the color blends in a little too well with the center of the sunflower, but it is there.  In my opinion, this is the best painting I have done so far and I wanted to put it in front of me, so to speak, for inspiration.  I want to paint like this again.  I think I have just rushed so much on anything I have done since then, that it has really shown in the quality of the work.  It's time for me to stop, or at least slow down, and smell the sunflower.
 
 
 
On a different note, I thought I would also show my latest card.  My husband's birthday is this weekend and he has been talking for weeks about going to see the new Star Trek movie, which also comes out this weekend, so I used that as my theme.  It is a side pull V-card.  This is what it looks like closed.
 
 
 
 
 
 
and this is what it looks like when you pull it open.  The picture of the Enterprise pops up from the inside.
 
 
 
 
I used black glitter cardstock for the card and printed the sentiment on dotted white vellum.
 
 
That's it for today.  Hope you enjoy.
Donna


No comments:

Post a Comment