Wednesday, December 19, 2012

CAS-UAL Fridays Even the Score Challenge

Now for the reason I started this blog today, the CAS-UAL Fridays Even the Score Challenge.  The challenge was to create a CAS card that features scoring. So this is the birthday card I created for my friend, Amy.


There were several elements I wanted to include on Amy's card:

1.  A diecut window I had made a while back then didn't use.
2.  Something that represented the beach. (Amy loves the beach!)
3.  The Tim Holtz Alterations brick wall embossing folder.
4.  Amy's favorite colors, the blues and greens of the sea.


Here it is:

 
 
 
 
I scored under the brick wall at an angle so that it would look like floorboards.  I then used Tim Holtz distressing ink on the floor and just a little on the wall.  I cut the chair and words using my Silhouette then added the ribbon and a metal embellishment I had picked up at Michaels.  I finished it off with four blue pearl/metal brads in the corners.
 
So that's it.  I hope I can figure out how to link it to their site so that it will be entered in the contest.
 
 

That's it for this post.  Hope you enjoy.

Donna

4 comments:

  1. Lovely card Donna! Love how used scoring for the floor. Thanks for sharing with us @ CASual Fridays this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and you're welcome. I had fun with it.

      Delete
  2. Your floor turned out excellent!! Wonderful scene :) Thanks for having some fun with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the opportunity to spread my wings.

      Delete