Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Christmas Cards

I've shown some cards that required paper cutting. (The "cut" part of my blog's name.)  Now for a couple of cards that were created by drawing.  (Yep, you got it, the "draw" part of my blog's name.)

First, a little history ... I have always wanted to draw, but never felt like I had any talent.  In October of 2009 I had a Sozo.  (In case you're wondering what a Sozo is click here or here for more information.)  After a lot of forgiveness and healing, the Holy Spirit told me he wanted me to draw and paint.  My first attempts weren't great, but I kept trying.  I have always loved a picture of my sister and I taken when we were children so I decided to draw it.  It took months of drawing and erasing, erasing and drawing, until I finally had a picture I thought was OK.  I wanted to do something with it and remembered a Christmas card a friend of mine had sent with a drawing she had done on the front so decided to do the same.  Here is that card (I added color clipart ornaments and star) and the photo it was drawn from.  I sent it out for Christmas 2010.




In 2011 I was so swamped with stuff I just bought dollar store cards to mail out.  Yeah, I know, laziness to the extreme, right?  But for Christmas 2012 I drew this from a photo of my husband and his father.  Both are below.

 
I decided to add the same clipart ornaments and star.  I think that will be my "signature" on the Christmas cards.
 
If you have done something similar, leave a comment and let me know.  Also let me know what you think.
 
 
Thanx!  Hope you enjoy!
Donna
 


No comments:

Post a Comment